Make a Greeting Card from Recycled Materials
"Beware of little expenses; a small leak will sink a great ship." ~Benjamin Franklin
Indeed it is the little things that sometimes get us in a tight bind with our expenses. It's good though that we can get downright crafty and do away with a lot things we can just make (instead of buying)!
Here's a card you can easily have fun and be creative with! Most of the materials can be found at home (or in the trash bin!)
What you need:
cardboard (we used the box of printer ink)
Even if you don't know of anyone with a birthday coming up, these things are just really handy to keep around when you need them! The fact that it is handmade doubles its value!
1. Save this pattern (Right-click on the image below and "Save as"). Print out this pattern.
2. Trace the shapes using carbon paper onto cardboard. We used thick paper from the box of old printer ink.
3. Cut out the patterns. You'll notice that there will be a blank side and a printed side. We will basically use the blank side.
4. Spread glue on the printed side of each shape.
5. Cut out a border and banner shapes from the fabric scraps.
6. Put the different shapes together. You don't have to follow our layout!!!
7. You can put these words inside the card:
May you always have...Walls for the winds
A roof for the rain
Tea beside the fire
Laughter to cheer you
Those you love near you
And all your heart might desire.
8. Cut a piece of paper for inside the banners. Write "BLESSINGS" or other wordings you like on the banner.
9. You're done! You just need to put lace on the edges of the borders so it becomes extra special. Now you have a special greeting card!
See more crafts at
Manila Jeepney Enamel Mug
Enjoy your coffee, tea, or even ice cream with this original papemelroti mug. Great to use at home, in your workspace, or for hiking or camping. Original design by award-winning papemelroti graphic artist Robert Alejandro 3"(8 cm) height x 3.75"(8.5...
Affirmations Wall Calendar 2022
Celebrate the gift of each day with this eco-friendly papemelroti wall calendar. It features messages and quotations that spread positivity and hope. Hang in any space or give as a gift. Original design by award-winning papemelroti graphic artist Robert Alejandro...
My Gratitude Journal Writing Pad
Make a note or jot down reminders in this handy, eco-friendly papemelroti writing pad. It features a space to jot down things to accomplish, the best part of the day, today's affirmation, insights, and realizations. A great way to remember...
Vintage Philippine Map Decoposter
This papemelroti decoposter features a Philippine map illustration that is perfect for any traveler. Great to hang in your own home or to give as a gift to an adventurous soul. Original design by award-winning papemelroti graphic artist Robert Alejandro Decoupaged...
Let's Draw with Robert Alejandro DIY Kit: Bahay Kubo
Learn how to draw with Teacher Robert Alejandro! This special kit includes all the materials you need to get started plus a special mini book that guides you or your child through the process of drawing a “Bahay Kubo". Great...
Filipino Couple Artisan Bag Charms
Accessorize with these original papemelroti Filipiniana-themed artisan bag charms. You can also use them as ornaments, or simply as dolls. Great for your own use or to give it as a gift. Original design by papemelroti graphic artist Robert Alejandro...
Words That Inspire Scroll: ABC
Hang something on your wall to inspire you. This Christian theme papemelroti scroll poster features encouraging message about life. Original design by papemelroti graphic artist Calej 11" x 8.25" (28 cm x 21 cm) Printed in full color 100% recycled paperboard...
Affirmation Metal Wall Decor: Faith - White
Add an uplifting touch to your home with this original papemelroti metal wall art by designer Robert Alejandro. Appropriate for both indoor and outdoor use. Place it in your home, garden or give it as a gift. 11.5" x 11.25"H...