24 Fun Things to Do During Traffic
We know you're supposed to be focused on the road but sometimes when you've gone home for work on one day and arrive home the next day due to hours and hours of traffic, one needs a bit of help to restore one's sanity. All of these suggestions are guaranteed to keep your mind away from negativity, moving you (amazingly) towards gratitude!
*Please take note that you should only put on your devices before starting the car and not while in transit. (And switch off only after parking.)
- Listen to a downloaded podcast.
- Do deep breathing exercises.
- Memorize an uplifting bible verse or favorite quote.
- Pray for someone in need.
- Count your blessings.
- Visualize a problem getting solved.
- Sing your favorite song/s.
- If you're with someone in the car, you can play 20 questions.
- Look at license plates and try to spot letters A to Z. First one who finishes wins!
- A birthday coming up? Think of a gift for that special person. No one's birthday yet? Think of your Christmas list and make a mental note.
- Record yourself using your cellphone to make a greeting to someone overseas (and send the message using Facebook messenger)
- Listen to a gripping audiobook (and keep a stash in the car).
- Do a car cleanup and organize your compartments.
- Give some food to those who might be begging for some morsels outside.
- Listen to the radio and guess the song title before the DJ mentions it. You can also make this a game of "Name that Tune" with your passengers.
- You can record yourself saying what you need to buy, need to do, need to remember.
- Think of a random act of kindness you can do.
- Practice your French (or Spanish or German or whatever you want to learn).
- Make a poem that rhymes.
- Tuck your tummy in for 10 seconds then release. Again. Repeat as many times. You'll have smaller abs in no time.
- Have a geography challenge! Think of a country. Let's say for example, Canada. Then think of another country starting with the last letter of Canada, that's "A". Algeria.
- Memory game anyone? The first passenger will say "I'm going to a party and bringing ____" (must start with the letter A). Let's say "Apples". The next passenger (or player) will say I'm going to a party and bringing _______ (must start with the letter B). Let's say "Bananas". He should say I'm going to a party and bringing bananas and apples. Everyone should repeat what the other passengers said they'll bring.
- Famished? Have a bite of something nutritious like a granola bar.
- Do some facial massage. Just don't antagonize others by thinking you're making faces at them!
Burst of Colors Desk Pad
For personalized orders please choose "Add your name" Personalized orders will be processed after payment Make a note or jot down reminders in this handy, eco-friendly papemelroti desk pad. Personalize it with a name. Specifications: Colored label, 3.5" x 3.5" x...
Flower Power Collage DIY Kit
Create a colorful work of art with this fun and convenient papemelroti do-it-yourself kit. It includes a kraft notebook, acrylic paint, pencil, brush, gel pen, and flower die cut. Decorate this kraft notebook however you want to! Contains kraft notebook, acrylic...
Affirmation Magnetic Bookmark
Keep your pages marked with this original papemelroti bookmark. You never have to worry about it slipping out, thanks to the unique magnetic closure. Use it yourself or give it as a gift. Original design by award-winning papemelroti graphic artist...
Words That Inspire Scroll: ABC
Hang something on your wall to inspire you. This Christian theme papemelroti scroll poster features encouraging message about life. Original design by papemelroti graphic artist Calej 11" x 8.25" (28 cm x 21 cm) Printed in full color 100% recycled paperboard...
Burst of Colors Enamel Mug
For personalized orders please choose "Add your name" Personalized orders will be processed after payment Enjoy your coffee or tea with this original papemelroti mug with your morning coffee or tea time. Great to use at home or in your...
Adventure Is Worthwhile Paper Pack
This papemelroti paper pack contains cards that features encouraging words to inspire you to go on an adventure. Great to give as a gift or use yourself. Original design by papemelroti graphic artist 3" x 3" x 1"Height (7.6 cm...
Today's Advice Scroll Poster: Nature
Hang something on your wall to motivate you. This popular papemelroti scroll poster features a collection of helpful advice for every day. Original design by papemelroti graphic artist Calej 11.15" x 8.25" (28.32 cm x 21 cm) Printed in full...
Christmas Deco Cross
For personalized orders please choose "Add your name" Personalized orders will be processed after payment Bring blessing and peace into your space with this original papemelroti Deco Cross. A beautiful addition to any wall or door. Great for your home...