Make a Greeting Card from Recycled Materials
"Beware of little expenses; a small leak will sink a great ship." ~Benjamin Franklin
Indeed it is the little things that sometimes get us in a tight bind with our expenses. It's good though that we can get downright crafty and do away with a lot things we can just make (instead of buying)!
Here's a card you can easily have fun and be creative with! Most of the materials can be found at home (or in the trash bin!)
What you need:
cardboard (we used the box of printer ink)
Even if you don't know of anyone with a birthday coming up, these things are just really handy to keep around when you need them! The fact that it is handmade doubles its value!
1. Save this pattern (Right-click on the image below and "Save as"). Print out this pattern.
2. Trace the shapes using carbon paper onto cardboard. We used thick paper from the box of old printer ink.
3. Cut out the patterns. You'll notice that there will be a blank side and a printed side. We will basically use the blank side.
4. Spread glue on the printed side of each shape.
5. Cut out a border and banner shapes from the fabric scraps.
6. Put the different shapes together. You don't have to follow our layout!!!
7. You can put these words inside the card:
May you always have...Walls for the winds
A roof for the rain
Tea beside the fire
Laughter to cheer you
Those you love near you
And all your heart might desire.
8. Cut a piece of paper for inside the banners. Write "BLESSINGS" or other wordings you like on the banner.
9. You're done! You just need to put lace on the edges of the borders so it becomes extra special. Now you have a special greeting card!
See more crafts at
Burst of Colors Desk Pad
For personalized orders please choose "Add your name" Personalized orders will be processed after payment Make a note or jot down reminders in this handy, eco-friendly papemelroti desk pad. Personalize it with a name. Specifications: Colored label, 3.5" x 3.5" x...
Flower Power Collage DIY Kit
Create a colorful work of art with this fun and convenient papemelroti do-it-yourself kit. It includes a kraft notebook, acrylic paint, pencil, brush, gel pen, and flower die cut. Decorate this kraft notebook however you want to! Contains kraft notebook, acrylic...
Affirmation Magnetic Bookmark
Keep your pages marked with this original papemelroti bookmark. You never have to worry about it slipping out, thanks to the unique magnetic closure. Use it yourself or give it as a gift. Original design by award-winning papemelroti graphic artist...
Words That Inspire Scroll: ABC
Hang something on your wall to inspire you. This Christian theme papemelroti scroll poster features encouraging message about life. Original design by papemelroti graphic artist Calej 11" x 8.25" (28 cm x 21 cm) Printed in full color 100% recycled paperboard...
Burst of Colors Enamel Mug
For personalized orders please choose "Add your name" Personalized orders will be processed after payment Enjoy your coffee or tea with this original papemelroti mug with your morning coffee or tea time. Great to use at home or in your...
Adventure Is Worthwhile Paper Pack
This papemelroti paper pack contains cards that features encouraging words to inspire you to go on an adventure. Great to give as a gift or use yourself. Original design by papemelroti graphic artist 3" x 3" x 1"Height (7.6 cm...
Today's Advice Scroll Poster: Nature
Hang something on your wall to motivate you. This popular papemelroti scroll poster features a collection of helpful advice for every day. Original design by papemelroti graphic artist Calej 11.15" x 8.25" (28.32 cm x 21 cm) Printed in full...
Christmas Deco Cross
For personalized orders please choose "Add your name" Personalized orders will be processed after payment Bring blessing and peace into your space with this original papemelroti Deco Cross. A beautiful addition to any wall or door. Great for your home...