2007 Mothers Day E-newsletter
When Mary had baby Jesus, mysterious things started to happen like angels appearing to shepherds. What was Mary's response? She treasured up all these things and pondered them in her heart. (Luke 2:19).
A mother's heart is like a treasure chest of cherished memories, sealed with love. It is both strong, willing to sacrifice and take pains to spare her child; and it is also soft with gentleness and care when needed.
What joy and gladness fills our mother's hearts when our hearts are joyful too. What injures us wounds their hearts too. Let us honor our mothers this May 13! They deserve all our love and respect!
"May your father and mother be glad; may she who gave you birth rejoice!" - Proverbs 23:24-26
In this issue
The Heart of a Mother
Elections Volunteer Opportunities
Mothers Day Sale!
Books for Less Updates
New Products from Papemelroti
The Heart of a Mother
Why is a mother's love so special? Here are some quotations to help us reflect and appreciate our moms!
- "The heart of a mother is a deep abyss at the bottom of which you will always find forgiveness."- Honore de Balzac
- "A mother's love is patient and forgiving when all others are forsaking, it never fails or falters, even though the heart is breaking." - Helen Rice
- "Who takes the child by the hand takes the mother by the heart." - Danish Proverb
- "For if my father was the head of our house, my mother was its heart." - Philip Dunne
- "The mother's heart is the child's schoolroom." - Henry Ward Beecher
Summer Wonder - The Pawikan Place!
Everywhere, Filipinos' environment consciousness is growing. Whereas before no one had ever heard of the Bohol Tarsier, it is now a common sight on tourism advertisements.
Another place that boasts of a wealth beyond what other countries know, is our very own Turtle Islands. Deep down south and only 30 minutes away from Sandakan, Malaysia is an island where around 10 mother turtles lay their eggs every night. This is one of the few remaining major nesting sights in the whole world.
One must be very silent and almost invisible so that these endangered mama turtles can go ashore. They come in the dead of night, as late as after midnight if they think no one is watching.
It was a wonder to see with my own eyes, a wild Green turtle as big as a round table, giving birth to around 300 eggs! These are one of the oldest living creatures on earth! They are the precious resources our country needs to value and preserve for future generations. The turtles come back only after 25 years.
What we can do to help save the turtles: The lives of these precious creatures hang in a delicate balance. Garbage dumping in oceans still remains unabated. Do everything to save our seas, it's actually their home more than ours! For more information on how to help these glorious animals, click to the One Ocean and WWF sites.
Elections Volunteer Opportunities
Our right to vote is one we should never neglect to exercise! It is our responsibility as good citizens and part and parcel in building up our nation to what we want it to be for ourselves and for our children's future!
VforCE, or 1 Million Volunteers for Clean Elections, is a nationwide movement of volunteer individuals and organizations, committed to providing voter education and volunteer training to protect the integrity of the elections, to fighting fraud and violence, and to working for long-term political and social reform. For more info click here
Bantay Bilang is a parallel vote count effort. Ateneo Loyola Schools has volunteered to head the parallel vote count for Quezon City for the May elections. They will be working with whatever group
COMELEC designates to perform the parallel count.
WHAT THEY NEED: 456 volunteers per day starting May 14 so that they can finish the
count in 6 days (That's 2736 people). Even non-Ateneans can volunteer.
HOW TO VOLUNTEER:
Email firstname.lastname@example.org your name, organization, cell phone number
and other contact details, or
Sign-up at the Sanggunian room, or
Sign-up on the Sanggunian promo board along the EDSA walkway
Make a difference this summer, sign up for Bantay Bilang
For any questions, you can email us at email@example.com or contact
Karl at 09157882132.
Mother's Day Sale!
Catch our sale at all branches. Get 20% off on all jewelry! Pick from a wide variety of styles and prices. Great gifts for yourself as well! Only up to May 15,2007.
Books for Less Updates
Announcing - New arrivals! Lots of new books in all our branches!
Promos Now Going On: If you buy P500 worth of children's books, you may pick-a-prize! Just add P10 and get a free Books for Less keychain with any P500 book purchase!
Stop by your nearest BFL branch today! It's easy to find the book you need at Books for Less! Just e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the TEXT Hotline at 630-9999 (no format needed). For other BFL inquiries, please e-mail email@example.com or call 371-4539 for details. For branches and other information visit their updated website at www.booksforless.ph
New Papemelroti Products for Moms and More! view online here and here
- Mother Standees (for desk) #1-1246 To the Grandest MOM of all P89 / $2.55, Size 4" x 3 5/16" x 1 5/16", 70g and #1-1255 A mother's heart is a wondrous gift... with silver charm and ribbon. P98 / $2.80, Size 4"(with ribbon) x 2 5/16" x 1 1/4", 60g
- Angel Touch for Mothers #1-1209 Angel is made of durable resin. Real fabric for her clothes. Tag with Mother's Day greeting included. Size 4.5" x 2.25" x 2.75", 120g, P169 / $4.83
- Mother Glass Coaster #131-1165-12 Coaster - P59 / $1.69, Size 4" x 4" x 1/4", 150g with #95-24 Metal stand - P19.00 / $0.55
- Holy Family Dome #131-19-1 Decorated with dried floral arrangement under a glass dome. Size 7.25" x 6.75" x 6.75", 750g, P798 / $22.80
- Jesus and Mama Mary Tile #1-1180 Decoupage painting on gold resin tile for wall hanging. Size 6 1/16" x 4 5/8" x 1/4", 140g P198 / $5.66
- Lamp for Mother #131-1165-11 The loveliest masterpiece of the heart of God is the heart of a Mother. You may personalize this product by writing on the tag beneath the quotation from St. Therese. Size 9" x 3 5/8" x 3 5/8", 150g P259 / $7.40
- You're the Greatest Figurine #1-1142 An award for your very own ever-loving mom! 3 3/8" x 2 7/16" x 2 7/16", 180g P139 / $4
- Godmother (#1-1250) and Godfather (#1-1252) Standee An ideal memento for baptismal godparents and even for weddings. Size 3 11/16" x 3 5/16" x 1.25", 80g P89 / $2.55 each.
- Animal Magnets These fun looking creatures will surely brighten your magnet board with their presence! #243-1 Black cat (facing front) -4 Yellow cat -5 Black cat (facing side) -11 Dog -13 Pig -15 Bunny, Size approx. 1 5/8" x 2 3/8" x 7/8", 10g P59.75 / $1.71 each view
- Baptism Standee (#1-1259) Give your godchild a precious reminder of his/her Christening day. We can hand-letter for free (only 10 pcs or less). Made of durable resin. P89 / $2.55 each.
- Large Memo Board #1040-1 Backing made of sturdy and earth-friendly medium density fiberboard, assorted designs are available. Size 17" x 8.25" x 1/2", 430g P398 / $11.38 each.
Papemelroti branches are located at: SM City North EDSA 9285828, SM Fairview 9393594, Ali Mall Cubao 9111267, SM Centerpoint 7161580, Glorietta II 8935477, SM Southmall 8064578, Casa Susana Alabang 8093829, SM Megamall 6341270, Sta Lucia East Grand Mall, Robinson's Place Manila, SM San Lazaro 7420143, SM Clark Pampanga (045) 4990080, Main branch: 91 Roces Avenue 3751069/ 3742442 / 4120887
Papemelroti Gifts and Decorative Accessories
"Hands to Work, Hearts to God"
91 Roces Avenue
1103 Quezon City, Philippines
Telefax Nos: (632) 375-1069 (632) 374-2442 (632)412-6487